- We believe that EVERY CHILD is of great worth and has the desire and potential to succeed.
- We believe that LONG-TERM, 24/7 RELATIONSHIPS with caring adults have proven positive outcomes in the lives of our urban youth.
- We believe that a HOLISTIC approach is essential for a strong and healthy future for our youth.
- We believe that FULL-TIME, SALARIED TEACHER-MENTORS WHO COME FROM SIMILAR BACKGROUNDS as the students can have a positive influence and make all the difference.
- We believe that the SERVANT LEADERSHIP, creating a culture of selflessness and service, is the foundation for leadership.
- We believe in the intrinsic DIGNITY of every person and act accordingly.
- We believe that COLLABORATION yields the best long-term results, acknowledging that the complex work in our urban centers cannot be done single handedly.
Jaraux Washington, edupreneur, innovator, and community builder has a passion to empower, equip, and connect teachers and students to be the change needed in this world. Her accolades include almost two decades in education in a variety of settings. She also has engaged in motivational speaking, content creation, and project management with many top tier companies such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, National Geographic, IDEA Public Schools and Enlightapp.
Jaraux has a vision to provide better educational options for young people, so she obtained a Masters Degree in Global Education and Comparative Studies. Through ELEVATE Tampa Bay, Jaraux desires to build communities of thriving contributors to catalyze generational change.
Jaraux believes that true education empowers people to identify and make changes to better their community and beyond.
board of directors
Guy F. Bryant
Dean G. Tanella